This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on the link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Sharing is caring!
Ready for super crispy wings that can be prepared in just 30 minutes? Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings use simple breading for crispy-on-the-outside, juicy-on-the-inside perfection!
Crispy chicken wings are the best bar food ever, but if I’m being honest, I’m not crazy about all the oil that goes into deep frying them.
So I love making these Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings which are super healthy but every bit as delicious!
The simple breading on the outside gives them an oh-so-satisfying crunch while the meat inside remains tender and juicy.
Best of all, they can be ready in just 30 minutes! The air fryer does all the hard work for you.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to Make Breaded Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer in Less than 30 Minutes
- What dipping sauces can you serve with your breaded wings?
- Tips and tricks to get the crispiest, tastiest breaded air fryer chicken wings
- An easy way to reheat chicken wings in the air fryer
Whether you’re having friends over for game day or looking for some fun finger food for your next family meal, breaded wings are always a hit. Serve them with all your favorite dipping sauces and watch them disappear!
I made it using this recipe 5.8 Qt Kosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to make Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
First step: Place the wings on a large platter, drizzle the oil over them, and toss to coat.
Step Two: In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and black pepper in a bowl to make the breadcrumbs.
Step Three: One at a time, coat the wings in the breading, then transfer them to a dry plate or paper towel. Repeat until all wings are coated.
Step Four: Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Step Five: Place the wings in the air fryer basket, leaving a small space around each. Cook in batches if necessary.
Step six: Cook for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step Seven: Once the wings are crispy, use a meat thermometer to check that they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, then remove from the air fryer.
Step Eight: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Dipping sauces to serve with air fryer breaded chicken wings
Tips for making the perfect crispy breaded air fryer chicken wings
- Make sure that the air fryer has a little space between each fin so that the hot air can circulate properly. This ensures that the bread will be perfectly crispy on all sides!
- Spray the wings with EVO oil sprayer to crisp the bread halfway through cooking. This will get rid of any white residue from the flour
- After 7 or 8 minutes, use tongs to carefully flip the wings to ensure the breaded wings cook evenly in the air fryer.
- An instant-read thermometer is the best way to tell when your wings are fully cooked. You want the thermometer to read 165 degrees Fahrenheit when placed on the largest part of the wing.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Wings
How to reheat chicken wings in an air fryer
Whether you have leftovers from this recipe or takeout from your local sports bar, the air fryer is the perfect way to reheat wings! They will taste as crisp and delicious as your first bite.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Place the remaining wings in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the outside is crisp and the wings are heated through.
You can read more about reheating chicken wings in an air fryer here.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Wings You’ll Like:
Love air frying? Join us Newsletter! You can also follow us Facebook, InstagramOr join us Free Facebook Air Frying Community.
1 pound chicken wings
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place your wings in a large dish. Drizzle oil over them and toss to coat them.
- To make the bread, mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and black pepper in a bowl. One at a time, coat the wings in the breading. Place them on a dry plate or paper towel until you’ve done them all.
- Place the wings inside the air fryer, leaving a small space around them. Cook for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once they are crispy, use a meat thermometer to make sure they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount per serving:
Calories: 523Total Fat: 38 gramsCrazy Fat: 11 gramsTrans fats: 1 gramUnsaturated Fats: 25 gramsCholesterol: 93 mgSodium: 1028 mgCarbohydrates: 24 gramsFiber: 1 gramSugar: 0 gramsprotein: 21 grams
This nutritional information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products can change the exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
Sharing is caring!