Monday, August 22 – Wednesday, August 24: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m
Thursday, August 25 and Friday, August 26: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m
Saturday, August 27: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m
Fall operating hours
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m
|8/2-10/31||Paperback favorites buy one, get one 50% off||Instore and Web|
|8/2-10/31||Select Youth Adults 20% off||Instore and Web|
|Weekly||20% off new releases (curl up with book)||Instore and Web|
|6/1-9/29||25% off select laptops||Instore and Web|
|6/1-8/31||Modify Air||Web only|
|7/27-9/7||50% off select school supplies||Instore and Web|
|7/27-9/7||Buy 3 at $6 Logo Folders||Instore and Web|
Fall 2022 semester events and updates
Restaurants at the top of UC
- Now serving! We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Check the website for serving times at various dining locations.
- New door rates for the top of UC:
- New rates for faculty and staff:
- All regular meals: $6.50 (any meal, any day of the week)
- Premium Meal: $7.50 (Premium dining includes Global Cafe, Latino Melting Pot Dinner, and Thanksgiving Lunch.)
- Rates for other guests (Not members of UMW faculty and staff and not on meal plans)
- Breakfast: $9.50
- Lunch: $13.00
- Dinner: $14.00
- Sat. Lunch: $13.50
- the sun Lunch: $14.00
- Premium Dinner: $15.00
- New rates for faculty and staff:
- $1.00 Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day Lunch – September 20th All members of UMW’s faculty and staff are invited to enjoy lunch at the restaurants on top of UC on Tuesday, September 20 for just $1.00.th. Show your UMW ID to the cashier. Lunch is served between 11am and 2pm. Please join us!
- Reusable take-out boxes – Available for only $5. Take the food home, rinse and return the box to the cashier, then grab a fresh, sanitized box (or token for a box) to use for your next “to-go” meal.
Be “in the know” – join UMWFoodies!
Don’t miss free food samples, pop-up food surprises, and special events! Opt in and you will be notified of these events, as well as any changes to dining operating hours due to weather or other emergencies. Text the keyword UMWFOODIES to 82257 to opt in. You will not receive junk messages and your phone number will not be shared with other groups or companies.
Other upcoming events
- welcome tent, August 19 and 20, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. In front of University Center.
- Sample the “Impossible” Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich, September 6, 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., at UC. Free!
- Good time! Every retail dining shop is offering specials or discounts during their “Happy Hours” MF! Vocelli’s Pizza: 2-4 p.m.; Bowl: 4-6 p.m.; Panera: 7-9 p.m.; Market: 8-10 p.m.
- Global Cafe Diner, September 28, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Top of UC (Dining room closed from 2 pm to 5 pm)
- Latino Melting Pot DinerOct. 4, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Top of UC (Dining room closed from 2 pm to 5 pm)
- Stop the hunger drive October 19 – November 10
- Thank You Faculty and Staff Luncheon, Thursday, Nov. 17, Chandler Ballroom. Details TBA.
For details on any of the dining programs, contact Rose Benedict at [email protected] or call 540-654-2169.
We are excited to welcome Patrick Lee as an EagleOne Card Office team member. In addition to coordinating the off-campus merchant program, Patrick is able to assist with any EagleOne or vending questions you may have. He can be reached at x1005, or [email protected]
Access to discounts with EagleOne
At the University Bookstore, UMW faculty and staff receive 10% off regularly priced apparel and gift items with presentation of their EagleOne Card.
Additionally, many companies work with the state of Virginia to offer discounts to state employees. The EagleOne Card can be used as identification by state employees to receive these discounts. For more information, the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management provides this list of employee exemptions.
New parking manager
Please join us in welcoming Mae Makin as UMW’s new Parking Services Manager. Mai previously worked in the EagleOne office. Maie can be reached at [email protected] or x1129.
2022-2023 Parking Decals
Decals for the 2022-23 academic year are available now. The contractor expired on August 1st, so contractors should contact the Parking Management Office to order new decals. Students may purchase decals online through the Parking Management Portal at SSB or in person in Lee Hall 201B. Faculty/Staff decals do not expire until August 1, 2025. However, new vehicles can be registered at any time.
For questions or assistance, please contact Parking Management at x1129 or [email protected]
The USPS raised postage rates on July 10, 2022. The cost of a first class ticket increased from $.58 to $.60. Please visit https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2022/0406-usps-new-prices-for-2022.htm for a complete list of changes.
For questions, please contact the UMW Post Office at x1049.
The UMW and VCE Chair Showroom is now co-located inside the UMW Bookstore in Lee Hall!
Through campus walking, living options are now more accessible to the campus community. and, you have the added benefit of the opportunity to shop the UMW Bookstore for all the new and fun UMW Spirit items; Or maybe to buy that new book you’ve been wanting to read.
Signs will clearly indicate the location of the showroom. If you have questions or need assistance with your purchase, contact Purchasing Services. The purchasing staff is happy to meet you in the bookstore. Scan the QR code conveniently located within the showroom to access the showroom web page, and the newly available web form will ensure your selection is processed quickly and efficiently.
Let Purchasing Services know how you like this new showroom location!